Cellar Door Games announced that its award-winning, wildly popular rogue-lite Rogue Legacy is now available on iOS for the first time as Rogue Legacy: Wanderer Edition. The iOS version features all the content found in the base game (including the Anniversary update), while adding tons of iOS-specific goodies: new traits, rooms, mini-bosses, and a completely remastered control scheme built from the ground up for touchscreens.
Originally released in 2013 to critical acclaim, Rogue Legacy blew players’ minds with its novel approach to death: Upon dying, player characters passed their traits (and loot) to their descendants, who then lived on to fight another day. An unexpected hit on Steam, Rogue Legacy was also successfully ported to the PlayStation 3, PlayStation Vita, PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch – where it also received rave reviews from the press.
New for the Wanderer Edition
- A brand-new control scheme made specifically for iOS: 20+ custom tweaks and modifications helped us make this as authentic and natural-feeling as possible on touchscreens.
- 2 new minibosses: Battle against the mighty Pantheon Orias – or clash arrows with Barbas the Archer.
- 3 new traits: Synesthesia will leave colors on your screen as you play; Tactile Agnosia will have you scrambling; and being Left-Handed is just… brutal.
- 3 new armor sets: Super tier armors Glass, Azurite and Behemoth can be found in NG+ and above; each one has huge benefits … but they come at a cost.
- 30 new rooms: The pool of unique rooms now exceeds 400!
- 2 new fairy rooms: The pool of unique rooms now exceeds 402!
- New Relic: Hedgehog’s Blessing has been added to the game.
- New bounce platform mechanics: Now optimized for touchscreens!
- New NG+ scaling mechanics: Increase your maximum level with every NG+.
- Complete difficulty rebalance: Is it easier? Is it harder? Honestly, it’s easier. Remember: You’re playing this game on the go – and under less than ideal situations.
- Cloud saving: Switch between your iPad and iPhone seamlessly. You could go to Mars! Mars has clouds right?
- Play your way: Includes support for English, French, German, Brazilian Portuguese, Spanish, Russian, Polish, and Simplified Chinese.
Rogue Legacy Key Features
- A procedurally-generated adventure: Explore new castles with every life!
- Rogue-lite: Your character dies – but with each passing, your lineage grows and becomes stronger.
- Tons of unique traits that makes each playthrough special. Ever wanted to be dyslexic? Now you can!
- More than 8 unique classes to choose from (it’s 9!) – each with their own distinct abilities.
- More than 60 different enemies to test your skills against. Hope you like palette-swaps!
- Massive, expandable skill tree: Rack in the loot to upgrade your manor and give your successors an edge in battle.
- Equip your heroes with powerful weaponry and armor – or gain new abilities like flight, dash, and air jumping.
- Tons of secrets and Easter eggs to uncover!
Pricing & Availability
Rogue Legacy: Wanderer Edition is now available on iOS