Soul Axiom arriving June on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 (Video)
Wales Interactive are proud to announce their sci-fi adventure puzzle game Soul Axiom, will launch on PlayStation 4 on June 7th, followed by Xbox One on June 8th for £15.99, $19.99, €19.99.
PS4 Discount – To celebrate the launch, PS4 gamers will receive a 25% discount with 10% for everyone and an extra 15% for PS Plus members bringing the game to £11.99, $14.99, €14.99 for a limited time only.
Visit the Gamepage
Xbox Exclusive – Xbox gamers will also receive an exclusive deal featuring hours of bonus content containing a never-before-seen Chapter with 3 unique levels and a digital copy of the 82-page art book featuring character, environment and storyboard designs.
The Game In A Nutshell – Soul Axiom is a first-person, story-driven adventure game, set in the beautiful, haunting cyber-world of Elysia. Collect unique hand powers in this compelling cyber-thriller to solve puzzles, manipulate the environment and unlock the path to your adventure. Immerse yourself in a dramatic story with over 20 hours of gameplay, 100 physical puzzles and 40 distinct locations to explore. Choose your destiny and discover multiple endings as you unravel the mysteries of your digital afterlife.
Reception – Soul Axiom, the Master Reboot successor, started its journey on Steam Early Access and was launched in February 2016. Since its first appearance in 2014, Soul Axiom has been featured and promoted by Microsoft and Nintendo for E3, Gamescom, GDC, EGX and REZZED. More recently, the game has been nominated for various awards including “Best Game” at the BAFTA Cymru Awards 2016, “Best Console/PC Hardcore” at Game Connection America 2016, “Use of Narrative” at the Develop Awards 2015 and best “Action/Adventure” at TIGA Games Industry Awards 2015.
“Soul Axiom is an unsettling and compelling techno/cyber-thriller, with a killer visual style that matches its high-concept premise.”
“It really is beautiful, nailing a Tron-like neon cyberspace feel … It’s atmospherically creepy without relying on dripping meathooks or lunging monsters.”
Rock, Paper, Shotgun
“It’s an enjoyably slick addition to the so-called “walking simulator” genre, and I’m fascinated to see what it adds next, and where its increasingly strange story eventually ends up.”
More About Soul Axiom
IN A NUTSHELL
From the studio that brought you Master Reboot comes a first-person story-driven adventure puzzle game, set in the beautiful, haunting cyber-world of Elysia. Collect unique hand powers, discover multiple endings and choose your own destiny as you unravel the mystery of your digital afterlife.
Explore Soul Axiom’s rich environments and immersive story to unravel the mystery of your life, and your digital afterlife. You will be taken on an intriguing voyage of discovery, through beautiful, haunting locations, facing challenges that will lead you into danger on your mission to unlock your identity, your story, your mystery. But beware: some mysteries are better left unsolved.
Take your first steps to paradise by uploading your soul to Elysia, named by critics as “the single most important development in the history of the human race” (Era Magazine, 2027). As the latest state of the art Digital Soul Provider, Elysia is a sprawling server where your memories and dreams become reality. Our patented SoulSync system allows you to choose the memories you want to enjoy for eternity; whether you are a living user or you simply wish to leave a lasting testament of your life that the whole family can relive at their leisure. In Elysia, death has no dominion. In Elysia, life has no boundaries. Cast off your mortal shackles and discover the secret to immortality in your digital afterlife. Discover Elysia. Then, now and forever.
THE FIRST 5 MINUTES OF THE GAME
When you begin the game you are free falling through a storm. Lightning sporadically illuminates the sky, showing brief, vivid flashes of memories. Your memories. You struggle to take a breath as you plummet, out of control, into the eye of the storm, towards your certain death. Squinting, eyelashes battling the rain, you catch a glimpse of a large object that you are hurtling towards. You brace yourself for impact, for death, confused and terrified and –
You are on the deck of a ship, rain pummelling the wooden boards around you. You look up to see four shadowy figures on the bridge, gazing into the distance, with an old man at the helm.
• Psychological Adventure with Exploration & Puzzle elements: Interact with a variety of cryptic logic and action puzzles, find clues and explore memories to unlock the secrets of your identity.
• 20 to 30 Hours of Gameplay: The game is packed full of content with 6 chapters, 40 unique locations, over 100 puzzles, expect over 20 hours of captivating gameplay.
• Collectible Hand Powers: Harness the abilities of Elysia. Discover new powers that will assist exploration and puzzle solving by phasing, building, destroying or corrupting the digital world around you.
• Multiple Story Endings: A tense, but thought-provoking narrative with multiple outcomes, and leaves you yearning to explore all avenues of the lore.
• Unique visual style: There is a beautifully simplistic emphasis on striking shapes, strong colors, and beautiful effects and lighting to elicit a variety of emotions within The Elysia.
• Dynamic adaptive environments: Use your abilities to manipulate your surrounding environments. Collect your powers and re-visit memories to unlock previously hidden areas.
• Haunting Soundtrack with 50 original compositions: Provides the perfect musical backdrop which subtly enhances the game through well-crafted association with the memories you explore.