Space strategy title ‘CERES’ now available on Steam
Publisher Iceberg Interactive, renowned for its arsenal of sci-fi/space titles, is proud to announce that its new space strategy game Ceres (PC/Mac/Linux) will see its official launch on Steam today. Journey through a rich and ravaged solar system as a young adventurer, determined to make a name for themselves. Ceres’ story driven gameplay will propel you on the journey of a lifetime, as you defy death and perils unknown.
“I’m glad and excited that Ceres is now being released. It’s taken me quite some time and I’m happy with the results and very eager for the community to experience the gameplay and the world of Ceres. I aim to expand Ceres beyond the inner planets and even beyond the Sol System in the near future, this release is just the beginning”, says Tryggvi Hákonarson of Jötunn Games.
Ceres is now available on Steam http://store.steampowered.com/app/351300 and various other digital platforms with an SRP of €/$19,99 / £14,99 and with a 15% launch discount in its first week. Retail boxed versions will be available to purchase in various European stores by the end of the month.
Interested gamers can first get their hands on a playable demo is available for download via the Steam store page. The demo contains the first missions and the beginning of the game. The demo limits the players level to 5 and his access to various ships and modules.
For more information on Ceres, please visit the official website www.ceresthegame.com or Facebook page http://facebook.com/pages/CERES-Cyber-tactical-Space-Warfare/219399631537839
About the game
The solar system is ravaged. The Earth is gone, shattered to pieces. Nothing remains but a huge ring of rocky debris. Nobody knows why the Gate malfunctioned. It was built to connect our world to other stars, but only a handful of colony ships were sent away before disaster struck. The Gate is believed to have unexpectedly connected to the wrong star -one just going nova. Torrents of gravitational waves flooded our solar system and the Earth was immediately obliterated. The Gate then started connecting to random stars, spewing ashes from dying worlds, radiation from younger suns or even drawing in alien lifeforms. The solar system began to change.
Humans and their machines live on: pockets of civilization have gathered into warring factions. Many adventurers roam the cold wastes in their spaceships, defying death and perils unknown -there are countless tales of monstrous machines and alien creatures preying on hapless ships. Real menaces or mere fantasies? Who can now part the myth from the ever-changing reality?
In a world where humans, monsters and machine-gods fight for survival, something will eventually have to give. You play the role of a young adventurer, who just got his hands on his first spaceship, and is determined to make a name for himself. A routine scouting mission turns out to be something much greater when you encounter an A.I. called Ceres.
• Single-player tactical space combat.
• Lead a squadron of ships and fight through a mission-drive storyline the way you see fit.
• Third person view and simple yet deep point-and-click order system.
• Your ships not only unleash deadly lasers or missiles, but it is possible to launch hacking attacks to damage or even take control of enemy ships!
• Manage your set of skills as you gain experience. Special perks also appear when you perform well.
• Hire captains and crews for your squadron’s ships. Watch them gain experience as they fight by your side.
• Heavily customize your ships with equipment or weapons of different origins. Modify ship’s modules, armor, weapons, sensors or counter-measures.
• Dozens of ship types which can be acquired and commanded, from the smallest corvette to the mightiest battleship.
• Advanced damage system: ships can suffer critical and system failures in combat.
• Loot anything that floats in space, trade items around the solar system to gain extra income, or salvage wrecked ships and even capture hostile vessels with boarding drones.