After months of preparations Anshar Studios is finally ready to release the Early Access version of their PvP VR Experience game Detached.
Being left behind in a detached cargo from an enormous Class B Trawler – Big Zoe, you must make your way through an abandoned space station, before you run out of resources. Equipped only with an advanced EVA space suit, your skill in zero G flight will be tested, while you’ll be struggling to get in touch with the trawler crew and discover what really caused the accident. The space may be vast, but something tells you, that you are not alone. In the end the cargo did not detach on its own…
Detached is a First Person PvP Experience, focused on rivalry, exploration and survival, that was designed for VR headsets specifically. The game features a single player and a multiplayer mode, allowing you to test your astronaut flying skills. It’s a unique, intense, VR title, that’s unlike anything you’ve seen in the genre. A game that will give you a total movement, rotations and accelerations freedom. One that even encourages you to try intense maneuvers in space, so you could feel like a real astronaut.
Starting today the game is now available on Steam Early Access where you can grab it for $19,99 and with a 10% discount that will last for a week. Mind you though that this version is VR ONLY meaning you can run it on Oculus Rift or HTC Vive but not on your desktop. This option will be available once the game launches in Q1 2017.
“It took us months of preparations and hard work to come to this point.” – said Anshar Studios co-founder Łukasz Hacura. “And we knew from the beginning, that we won’t be aiming for another casual VR experience, where you… well ,experience more rather than actually play. Instead we’ve decided to deliver a game that will be intense, that will leave you tons of freedom on how you play it and that will be one of the kind in result. In the same time we didn’t want to arbitrarily decide what is that you, as a gamer, expect from a VR game and what kind of experience you’re hoping to get. That’s why we’ve decided to run Early Access to gather feedback from you, gamers, and basing on it make a decision if we should continue on that course or make adjustments to deliver exactly the kind of a game you want.” – Hacura added.
DETACHED MAIN FEATURES:
· Intense Virtual Reality Experience – enjoy the total freedom of movement, rotations, accelerations and feel like a real astronaut!
· Player vs Player Mode – try to outmaneuver and outwit your opponent in a non-violent capture the flag mode.
· Simulation and Arcade Modes – take it easy and choose a more casual experience or play it hard like a real astronaut should!
· Survival and Exploration – explore various environments like an abandoned science station or a derelict cruiser ship and look for supplies such as fuel or oxygen needed for survival.
· Stirring music composed by Mikołaj Stroiński (The Witcher 3, The Vanishing of Ethan Carter).
· Breathtaking visuals.
· Skill-based puzzles.
The Early Access version of the game offers a single player map that contains 4 space hubs. Each of them will teach you something about the in game mechanics such as flying or skills. Hubs serve also as an introduction to the game. On top of that there’s also a multiplayer map available with a single game mode called “Package Extraction” which is our variation on a non-violent capture the flag mode.
Both those maps can be played either on arcade or simulation controls. The biggest difference between the two is how you’ll be handling the Newtonian physics in zero G void environment. Simply speaking every force needs to be countered on simulation, as there is no air resistance in space.
You’ll also have 3 skills at your disposal used in both single player and multiplayer: Shield, Boost and EMP Rockets.
Detached will be released on Oculus Rift and HTC Vive in Q1 2017. Here’s what you can expect to be added to the final version of the game:
· 1 additional single player map, that will require a more intense and skill based flying from you to beat it.
· 2 additional multiplayer maps.
· 1 additional multiplayer mode being a variation of “Assault”, meaning an objective based defense vs offense gameplay.
· Additional steering schemes: easy one for VR sensitive people and FPS-like one.
· Additional controller support including Oculus Touch and Vive Controllers.
· Cross platform multiplayer that will also cover Oculus Store.
· Non-VR monitor support.