INK, “Splatformer” due in late September 2017
Digerati Distribution and Zack Bell Games are absolutely tickled pink to announce that INK, the multicolored 2D splatformer, will be making a splash on PS4 and Xbox One in September.
PS4 release date: September 19, 2017 (NA), September 20 (EU)
Xbox One release date: September 22, 2017
ABOUT THE GAME
INK is a fast-paced platformer about using colorful paint to uncover your surroundings.
The object of each level is to defeat any enemies and reach the goal. But there’s a twist – the terrain is invisible to the player and must be revealed by splattering it with color. This can be achieved in a variety of ways, such as performing a double jump, squishing enemies, or dying and exploding in a shower of colour (death has never been so useful)! The room isn’t wiped clean after death, so the player has an easier time navigating after multiple attempts!
- Test your skills across 75 INKgeniously designed levels
- Splat enemies to open the exit portal
- Defeat challenging bosses
- Jump, squish, and die to cover levels in brightly colored paint
- Tight, responsive controls mean you don’t feel cheated when you die
- Trophies and Achievements added for PS4 and Xbox One
- Original soundtrack composed by Vincent Rubinetti
- Precision platforming make it a perfect challenge for speedrunning
INK began life on indie game hosting site itch.io before an expanded version was released on Steam. The game currently has an INKpressive 88% positive rating on Steam (out of 573 user reviews). YouTube mega-celeb Markiplier praised the game, saying “It’s really pretty, the soundtrack is really cool, and it offers a unique challenge and a twist on puzzle-platforming.”