1C Entertainment announced that following a successful showing at PAX South 2019, the cyberpunk-influenced PC real-time strategy game, Re-Legion, has launched on Steam (Windows).
In the top-down isometric RTS, players become a prophet in a technocratic society where they can define their own belief system and convert citizens—and then upgrade them into fighting units to rid the city of non-believers as they take on the role of Elion, a strong leader who promises to rid the world of misery by becoming a leader and prophet. As Elion increases his power, he turns non-believing citizens into his “Followers”—introducing a very different resource management system where the conversion of ordinary people drives the player’s rise to dominance.
Re-Legion has attracted attention at various shows over the past year with its unique Cyberpunk premise, fresh mechanics for converting units and creating a cult, and dark, neon-tinted art style. As the game unfolds, players will convert more followers—essentially, their units—and the cult will expand its possibilities by obtaining “CryptoCredits” to enable upgrades while cultists increase their Faith, a secondary resource, in order to gain and use special abilities. Cultists can also use hacking to expand and control territories and convert other citizens—or fight enemy units and non-believers.
- Unique RTS mechanic where new units are acquired by converting citizens into followers
- Vivid futuristic cyberpunk visuals and dark atmosphere
- Mature story that offers profound background and moral choices
- Build your own cult using an original Dogmas system that ensures replayability
- Special territory control mechanics incorporating hacking techniques