Developed and published by Strange Company, Left-Hand Path, a Dark Souls-inspired room-scale virtual reality adventure and horror RPG where players hold the power of magic in their hands, is now available on Steam for Vive and Oculus Touch.
In Left-Hand Path, players awaken in a cursed darkened castle with a tragic history full of never-before-seen, freaking scary-ass creatures that are after your skin. Armed with arcane powers and a thirst for exploration, players must wield their newly-found powers and explore to find even more powerful spells and rituals, while trying to stay alive long enough to solve the mysteries of Well of All Rewards.
“Left-Hand Path is proof that you should be very afraid of things that go bump in the night and hide in the dark,” said Hugh Hancock, indie developer behind Left-Hand Path.” “I designed it to in a way that the story will compel you to finish the game even though your common sense will tell you to stop playing because you no longer have any shit left in your body to be scared out of you.”
Fans Agree – Early Access Build Received an 86% Positive on Gamer Steam Reviews.
“ I was lured in by its enchanting graphics and fantasy lore that just blends in so well with the story. They’re also horror elements I’ve jumped more in this game than any horror game I played with only two of the scares rigged.” – Knytron OMEGA
“My girlfriend said “this isn’t as scary as you said.” Then the very first enemy in the entire game attacked her. She screamed and tried to rip the Vive off, failed, and ran directly into the wall then fell on the ground.” – Deathdefy
“This game is right up there with Vanishing Realms. It’s the scariest game I have ever played and the graphics and sound are excellent.” – Montaigne
- Full Video Game: Delve deep into a fleshed-out game experience – over 15 hours of single-player, VR-exclusive content.
- Battle for Your Life: Fight lethal monsters that will test both your physical skills – duck, dodge, outmaneuver – and your mastery of magic.
- Spell Casting: Learn arcane gestures to cast powerful spells. Examples include fling acid missiles, strike your foes using the lightning staff, rain meteors from the sky, conjure an army of screaming skulls, flaming boulders from the ground, and many more.
- Master a complex ritual magic system based on historical Hermetic magic.
- Expand Powers: Gather the fallen Husks of your foes to gain power and unlock new abilities.
- Exploration: Choose whether to explore nooks and crannies of the world to discover secret truths and powers. Investigate eerie landscapes, and interact with other humans, including historical figures such as Lord Byron and Samuel Taylor Coleridge, and strange creatures.
- Locomotion: Supports both teleport and sliding.
- Minimum Specs: Runs on any PC or gaming laptop that supports VR.
- NEW IN RELEASE VERSION: Low-Terror Mode and Story Mode: Play the game you want to play. After massive demand from Early Access players, Low-Terror Mode allows you to experience Left-Hand Path’s gameplay and story even if you don’t have a high terror tolerance, while Story Mode will let you experience the narrative and VR atmosphere without dying a million times in the process!