Rez Infinite available for Windows PC, HTC Vive and Oculus Rift
Enhance Games announced that its multi-award winning game Rez Infinite launched on Steam and Oculus Home. Originally released exclusively for the PlayStation 4 and PS VR in October 2016, Rez Infinite quickly earned high praise from critics and audiences globally, being touted as ‘the killer app for VR’ by many. In addition to being the top rated PS VR title on Metacritic, Rez Infinite has collected over 40 awards and nominations including Best VR Game Winner at The Game Awards 2016 and a nomination for the Audio Achievement category at BAFTA 2017 amongst others.
“We are extremely excited to finally bring Rez/Rez Infinite to PC. It was a long time coming but now we have the best version yet, “ says Enhance Games founder and Rez creator Tetsuya Mizuguchi. “With 4K support, up to double the texture quality, advanced graphic options as well as multiple controller options, we hope to introduce our game to a new audience who’ve never played Rez before and those who haven’t picked it up in a while. It can also finally be experienced in VR with Oculus Rift and HTC VIVE.” Enhance Games also announced it will be releasing Rez Infinite for Daydream later this year.
Rez and Rez Infinite
Experience 360 degrees of mind-blowing synesthesia as you blast your way through waves of enemies and massive transforming bosses, with your every move triggering colors and sounds that sync and blend to the beat of the legendary techno soundtrack of Rez. Whether you choose to play in standard desktop mode or opt for the full immersion of playing in VR, Rez Infinite must be seen—and heard—to be believed.
Rez Infinite is the ultimate version of the beloved psychedelic rail-shooter adventure Rez, originally released in 2001 by Sega. Now, over 15 years later, fully remastered in HD/4K (PS4 and PS4 Pro/PC) with optional VR support (PS VR, Oculus Rift, HTC VIVE) and an all-new level “Area X,” the latest form of Rez is infinitely improved and evolved for a new generation of hardware and its gamers.
- The Ultimate Package: Fully remastered classic Rez levels Areas 1 through 5, and an all-new free-flying experience in Area X.
- Highest Res Rez: Unrestricted resolution and up to double the texture resolution of any previous version of Rez makes for razor-sharp visuals.
- Enhanced Soundscapes: Full 3D audio for Rez’s incredible music and sound effects.
- VR Optional: The entire game is now playable on your PC desktop, or in full VR with your HTC VIVE or Oculus Rift headset and accompanying controllers (standard gamepads, Vive Controllers, and Oculus Remote and Touch controllers are all supported).
- View Mode: Take in the environment, or capture great moments by pressing “V” on keyboard. On desktop mode, use the left joystick, or hold left click and drag the mouse to look around. In VR, move your head to look around. Exit view mode by pressing V.